Tips on Safety for Kids
Accidents happen in and around the house especially if you have children at home. There will always be that minor scrapes and bruises along the way as kids grow and discover new things. The real problem is when the more serious injuries happen. You will be shocked to know that 90% of these serious injuries are actually preventable !
Accident hot spots in the house, to be frank, can be anywhere ! But the most frequently areas associated with accidents are listed below:
4) Swimming pool
6) Living Room
Most common accidents that occur are :
Batteries or electricution, Burns and scalds, Carbon monoxide poisoning, Choking and strangulation, Falls, Fire, Guns, Chemical poisoning, Laundry packets, Medication poisoning, Sleep accidents and suffocation, Toy injuries and Furniture Tip-Overs.
You can actually read about the above safety issues and preventive measures at Safekids.org.
WebMD also features a comprehensive health and safety tips page for kids aged between 2 to 5.
My top 5 web articles that features tips on safety for kids are:
1) How Stuff Works, Health. Top 10 Safety Tips for Kids.
2) Baby Center – Expert Advice. Child Proofing around the House.
3) Home accident Prevention For Children.
4) Better Health Channel. Child Safety – Reducing Injuries.
5) Raisingchildren.net.au. Making Home safe for Kids.